Peninsula Daily News
Want more top stories? Sign up here for daily or weekly newsletters with our top news.
The exhibit features four cases filled with memorabilia about the pioneer McLaughlin family, including doll clothing made for the McLaughlin sisters by their mother, Jane.
Nancy and Ann, two of the daughters of Harold “Si” and Jane McLaughlin, will be at the museum at 207 S. Lincoln St. to talk about this collection that spans 50 years of memories.
Oscar and Emily McLaughlin came to Port Angeles with the Puget Sound Cooperative Colony in 1888.
Their grandson, Harold, taught in Clallam Bay, Forks and Port Angeles and served as principal at the high school in Sequim.
His wife, Jane, was a reading tutor at Jefferson School in Port Angeles and was an accomplished seamstress who started making her three daughters' clothing in the late 1930s.
She took scraps and fashioned matching outfits for the girls' dolls.
She continued, on special occasions, to make the doll clothing into the 1980s.
One of her daughters died early from cancer, but sisters Nancy and Ann kept their treasures.
The collection was recently donated to the Clallam County Historical Society, which operates the Museum at the Carnegie.
The museum is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays. Admission is by donation.
For more information, phone 360-452-2662 or email email@example.com.