By Peninsula Daily News staff
Want more top stories? Sign up here for daily or weekly newsletters with our top news.
(AND some music to get you started this sunny Saturday — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coy8Hoa1DNw)
1. This incredible project uses old cell phones to stop illegal logging and poaching. Instead of becoming e-waste, old mobile devices are modified to save trees and wildlife — http://www.takepart.com/article/2014/06/26/incredible-project-uses-old-cell-phones-stop-logging-and-poaching?cmpid=organic-share-facebook
2. The hardest — and easiest — places to live in the U.S. (JEFFERSON COUNTY is 727 of 3,135; CLALLAM COUNTY is 1,320th) — http://nyti.ms/1pXFuNC
3. Three apps that will help you get the most out of your trip to Olympic National Park and other national parks — http://nyti.ms/1pXcaah
4. Port Townsend: Peninsula city lures filmmakers near and far — http://media-inc.com/2014/06/port-townsend-peninsula-city-lures-filmmakers-near-far/
5. The North Olympic Library system in Clallam County is offering FREE access to the Microsoft IT Academy Program, where you can gain hands-on experience using the latest Microsoft technology and earn certificates to broaden your career prospects. Access hundreds of online courses when it's convenient for you, from any computer with an internet connection. Get started by visiting www.nols.org/education.html.
6. You won't find many grapes, but you will find a lot to love while wine touring the scenic Olympic Peninsula — http://www.winepressnw.com/2014/05/22/2980272/72-hours-in-the-olympic-peninsula.html
7. In Port Angeles, Feiro Marine Life Center and Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary pair up to provide an opportunity for youngsters to work with scientists and learn about life in the ocean. Call Feiro Marine Life Center for more information at 360-417-6254 — https://www.facebook.com/feiromarinelifecenter, or click on http://feiromarinelifecenter.org