RV burns in blaze on 3 Crabs Road
Patrick Young/Clallam County Fire District No. 3
A fire destroyed a recreational vehicle on 3 Crabs Road on Wednesday night.
Peninsula Daily News
Print This | Email This
Most Popular this week
The RV, which was stored on the lot of an unoccupied home less than 10 feet away from two homes in the 1300 block of 3 Crabs Road, caught fire at about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, said Patrick Young, Clallam County Fire District No. 3 spokesman.
Wind blowing toward Dungeness Bay kept smoke and flames from spreading to the homes and to a propane tank a few feet from the RV, Young said.
“The wind was in our favor, pushing out toward the lighthouse,” Young said.
“That really helped us dodge a bullet.”
The RV was unoccupied. Young said there were no injuries.
Young said the fire is believed to have started from a malfunctioning electrical cord plugged into the RV from one of the neighboring homes.
Minor damage was done to the gutters of the single-story home outside of which the RV was parked.
No damage was reported to a two-story home on the neighboring lot.
The inside of the RV was destroyed, Young said.
Last modified: May 22. 2014 5:53PM