RV burns in blaze on 3 Crabs Road
Patrick Young/Clallam County Fire District No. 3
A fire destroyed a recreational vehicle on 3 Crabs Road on Wednesday night.
Peninsula Daily News
Print This | Email This
Most Popular this week
UPDATED — Only debris left to clean up as Elwha River is free to travel its own path [ **WITH VIDEO ** ]
The RV, which was stored on the lot of an unoccupied home less than 10 feet away from two homes in the 1300 block of 3 Crabs Road, caught fire at about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, said Patrick Young, Clallam County Fire District No. 3 spokesman.
Wind blowing toward Dungeness Bay kept smoke and flames from spreading to the homes and to a propane tank a few feet from the RV, Young said.
“The wind was in our favor, pushing out toward the lighthouse,” Young said.
“That really helped us dodge a bullet.”
The RV was unoccupied. Young said there were no injuries.
Young said the fire is believed to have started from a malfunctioning electrical cord plugged into the RV from one of the neighboring homes.
Minor damage was done to the gutters of the single-story home outside of which the RV was parked.
No damage was reported to a two-story home on the neighboring lot.
The inside of the RV was destroyed, Young said.
Last modified: May 22. 2014 7:26PM