MAC shows off new signs at old Dungeness Schoolhouse
Dungeness Schoolhouse manager Mike Bare, Museum & Arts Center Board President Gideon Cauffman and Executive Director DJ Bassett, from left, stand with one of two signs recently installed at the historical Dungeness Schoolhouse in Sequim.
Peninsula Daily News
Print This | Email This
Most Popular this week
2ND UPDATE — Authorities lose track of high-risk child rapist during pursuit in woods south of Sequim
High-risk child rapist — nicknamed 'Tiny' and running under the radar in Clallam County — is spotlighted by TV show
Clallam sheriff's office releases new photos of 'person of interest' and his dog in case of woman killed in Joyce
The nonprofit organization has owned and operated the schoolhouse, 2781 Towne Road, since 1995, and earned a Historic Preservation Officer's Award for Outstanding Achievement in Historic Preservation from the state Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation last year for its stewardship of the local landmark.
The Sign Store in Sequim produced the new signs, which were part of a larger capacity-building project funded by a Benjamin N. Phillips Memorial Fund grant administered through the Seattle Foundation.
Similarly designed signs funded by the grant were installed earlier this year at the MAC's DeWitt Administration Center, Second Chance Consignment Shop and MAC Exhibit Center, all located in Sequim.
Built in 1892, the two-story Dungeness Schoolhouse is a rentable venue available for community and private events.
For more information, visit www.macsequim.org or contact Dungeness Schoolhouse managers Mike and Kathy Bare at 360-683-4270 or email@example.com.
Last modified: September 09. 2013 6:09PM